TELEGRID Newsletter – First Quarter 2016
Embedded Security Framework
TELEGRID is pleased to announce the launch of its Embedded Security Framework (ESF). The ESF helps engineers design STIG compliant embedded systems quickly. The ESF is a structured collection of encryption and authentication modules designed to accelerate the design and development of embedded systems.
It is based on TELEGRID’s 30+ years of design, development and production of embedded systems in the field of voice and data encryption, secure unified communications and management of networked encryptors. The Framework includes all relevant documentation (e.g., FIPS 140-2 certificate, STIG questionnaire, etc.) to speed the certification process. By incorporating security early in the development cycle product designers can eliminate late-stage redesigns thereby reducing cost and development time.
FIPS 140-2 Encryption
– FIPS validated algorithms and modules
– Pre-compiled FIPS 140-2 compliant applications (Apache, OpenSSH, OpenVPN, etc.)
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
– CAC/PIV credential-enabling
– LDAP Integration with Active Directory
– PKI certificates for mutual authentication
– Certificate loading and installation for upload into a DoD Certificate Authority (CA)
– Configuration of a root of trust/ trust anchor to support chained certificate validation
– Revocation checking – Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) or Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL)
– System access validation via RADIUS, TACACS+ and Diameter
Developed in line with DISA STIGs
– Reduces late-stage redesigns for non-STIG compliant encryption and authentication
– Includes relevant documentation to speed certification
TELEGRID recently completed the redesign of its website. The new look site includes information on TELEGRID’s embedded software security tools as well as equipment that has been developed with its Embedded Security Framework. Check out our website to see our products, read our blog or follow us on social media.